Dispensary and Needy Meds
What is a Dispensary?
SCHC has a limited dispensary that stocks medications that are needed for the treatment of acute and chronic conditions managed by SCHC providers. Please note that the SCHC dispensary cannot fill prescriptions from non SCHC providers since it is not a pharmacy.
- For refills please leave a message on the refill line at least 3 working days in advance.
- If you need a same day medication fill and do not have any refills on your prescription you will need to be seen by a provider before your prescription can be refilled.
What is Needy Meds
We know that sometimes necessary medications can be expensive. Various drug companies have programs that provide medications to patients for little or no charge if the patient is unable to afford the medication and do not have any prescription coverage. The drug companies set the income requirements for these programs.
If you have the following coverage, you may not be eligible for the Needy Meds Program:
- Health insurance that covers medications
If you meet the limited income requirements and have:
- Health insurance but no prescription coverage
- Medicare with no prescription coverage
You may be eligible for the Needy Meds Program.
The drug companies require that a patient obtain assistance from their healthcare provider to apply for the Needy Medications Program. For more information call SCHC and ask for the Needy Meds Program.
Please note there is a $4 per prescription administration fee for Needy Medications.